Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ACORN Videomaker James O'Keefe's Funder: Facebook Investor Peter Thiel

I'm really glad this aspect of the story is out now.

Leftovers from the reported volume of money "Paypal don" Peter Thiel gave O'Keefe for his previous stunt in February could have easily been used to fund the ACORN videos filmed this summer.

There's just no way that the February "Taxpayers Clearing House" thing cost $30,000. [via The Village Voice; another fun story about Thiel's politics here at Valleywag]

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

Hey, Matthew!

You did a comic trade with us at SPX. We got an awesome copy of your "Youthful Erotic Fantasies of the now decrepit Dr. Pembroses, Late of Chatterley College" in exchange for "Spinks!" that mini-comic about those mute fat things with tiny feet and various hats.

I finally got to gorge on my comics haul and wanted to swing by and give you a huge thumbs up for your book. It is deeply unsettling and incredibly well-drawn. You give so much attention to the postures of Dr. Pembrose and his interviewers, I was uber-impressed. Do you have any other stuff posted?

--Sarah

4:37 PM  
Blogger "I Love you, Catmother!" said...

Thanks so much, Sarah!

I'm still working on an official website, actually.

Also: I'm grateful for the level of warm childhood nostalgia "Interrobang Studios" elicits from me.

TTYLzzz.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I'll be on the look-out for your new official website, then.

The ?! Studio crew and I will be at both Baltimore Comic Con on Oct 10 & 11 and the Big Apple Comic Con on Oct 16-18. Will we see you there?

We're considering adding the King Con on Nov 7 & 8 to our con-line-up. Have you heard anything about it?

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home